I offer a full range of standard tech editing services to help make your knitting patterns more professional and bring you repeat customers, including:
- checking all stitch counts and measurements
- checking charts and written instructions for clarity and consistency
- checking style and abbreviations against your style sheet
- help in creating a style sheet if you don’t have one
- pattern schematics
- chart creation using Stitchmastery
- grading of patterns in a range of sizes
I am certified as a technical editor through The Knitting Guild Association’s technical editing course. I am also a designer myself – my work has been published in Knitscene, Stripes: Making Stories and Cast On. Before becoming a designer, I worked as a research engineer, and have extensive experience in technical writing and editing. I am not a translator, but I am conversant in French, Spanish and Turkish.
Please contact me at email@example.com for rates and availability.